Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Numbers and Counting! Storytime for 2s and 3s; 4s-6s

Today's storytime theme was brought to us by the letter N for number and the numbers 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and....you get the idea.

I'm always a little apprehensive about doing concept storytimes, just because it seems so simplistic, but they always tend to be big hits.  Today was no exception.

First things first, my handout for this week - Storytime Handout

Storytime for 2s and 3s 

Books Shared:
Hootenanny! A Festive Counting Book

 This was a fun read - I had a few of the kids saying HOOTenanny with me throughout the book

Let's Count Goats
This was great to count along with, and also to point out the silly things the goats were doing, like eating the airplanes!


Five Green and Speckled Frogs



 I love sharing this book.  I always have the kids say YUM YUM with me and rub their bellies when the frogs eat their delicious bugs.

Storytime for 4s, 5s, and 6s

The only difference between the two storytimes was essentially the addition of a fourth book.  We also did less songs, since we got started later and this is my listener group.

Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree
 It's always fun to SNAP like a crocodile. Luckily none of the monkey's were harmed in the telling of this story.

Fingerplays and Songs shared:

Five Little Monkeys (handout)
Five in the Bed (handout)
Number Fun! (handout)
1, 2, 3, Whee! (song)
Six Little Ducks (song)
Five Green and Speckled Frogs (song)
Jumping and Counting (song)

If you've never used Jumping and Counting by Jim Gill before, I highly recommend it. So much fun!

Stats for today:
Storytime for 2s and 3s: 22 children, 17 adults
Storytime for 4s, 5s, and 6s: 7 children, 4 adults







No comments:

Post a Comment